Thursday, January 29, 2009

Oh, Poop!

Well, normally I do not talk about such things, in public anyway, but - oh, who am I kidding? I definitely do, on occasion! Peter has been pooping in the middle of the night lately. Why couldn't he take care of business during the day? I would like to know that answer. It'd be sort of nice to be a little more awake for taking care of such things...

So, last night, around 2:30, Peter and I were hanging out in the recliner - Peter eating, me doing the head-bob. He took care of his business, and I, after feeding him on one side, changed his diaper. That is a trick I've learned. In the middle of the night if you must change a diaper, do it in between sides (if nursing, that is). That way the baby won't be all wide awake when you try putting him/her back into bed. Works like a charm...usually...

Back to my story. As I was saying...he filled his pants (I thought) and so when he finished up on one side, I unsnapped the pj's, unsnapped the onesie, took off the diaper, tossed it on the floor and reached for the wipes when suddenly a yellowish liquid that I never thought I'd have EVERYWHERE...was EVERYWHERE. On my face, on my robe, on my pajamas, on my hand, on the recliner (don't tell Luke that part!), on the boppy and most certainly all over his clothes.

YUCK.

Finally, after three rounds of this nasty warm liquid squirting out...it finally ended and I sat in a dazed stupor wondering what just happened. Was it a dream, maybe? Nope. I finally came to and cleaned up the mess (oh, yeah, he peed again as I was cleaning him up, figures), finished feeding him and crawled back into bed. This morning as I was picking up our bedroom, I saw a yellowish spot on the blanket on our bed...and a few flecks on the carpet near our bed. It couldn't be, could it? Yes, indeed, it could be. And it is. And soon, it will all be gone, except for the reminder on the boppy. Fortunately the cover comes off. Unfortunately the cover is only a thin cotton and the white part inside is permanently scarred. Or maybe I'm permanently scarred...

2 comments:

Maria said...

ack! Unfortunately, I've been there and I know how gross that is!

Michelle said...

:)