Peter (on the right) and his new pal, Jackson (on the left). They don't know they're friends yet, though, but seeing as Jackson's mom and I are good friends and the two boys are exactly 3 weeks and 1/2 hour apart in age...how could they not be friends?
Very proud Grandpa and Grandma Prigge at the hospital!
An even prouder daddy...
And one exhausted mama...
So cute!!
On December 15th at 3:24am, Peter Luke FINALLY came! Only 4 days overdue, but that was 4 too many for me. I was under the impression that I would probably go early, as my mom always did. Not so. I will say that God knows what He is doing, though; if Peter was to come early as I wanted, he would have been pretty small. At birth he weighed 7lbs. 7ozs. and was 20 1/2 inches long. Perfect size!
I always wondered what being in labor would be like. Now I know. :) I tried going completely natural...but only made it to somewhere beyond 6 centimeters...then I was begging for the pain to stop! So, epidural it was.
A few hours later, I tried getting up to use the bathroom, only to collapse back onto my bed. I have a very rare problem: somewhere along the way, a nerve in my left leg was damaged, and so I do not have feeling on the front of my leg from about my knee to 5-6 inches up. The sides and back of the leg are perfectly fine; everywhere is perfectly fine; that one section is numb as can be. Fortunately the feeling and use is slowly coming back, but it'll be a while before it's back to normal!
More details and pictures to come later.....
No comments:
Post a Comment