
Anyone need a pump? I'm selling a gently (and very little) used one for cheap. $75 and winner takes all above! I even have some Playtex bottles I'd be willing to toss in...
First time in the overalls! I've been trying them on every week for about 5 weeks now and they finally fit!
Sophia's such a great babysitter. She's singing to him here. I think it was "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star". She loves "little boy Peter". :)Why is it that creating a schedule...no...a routine for babies is so stinking hard to do? I mean, really...all I'm trying for is:
**wake up at _________
**eat
**play/bath/read books/sing, etc...
**nap
**wake up at _________
And do the whole thing all over again. And over again. And again. Until we reach bedtime and then just wake up to eat and go back to bed!
We seem to have good days, usually followed by a day when naps are a thing of the past. Or future, whichever. Just not something we actually like to do now. So then the day looks something like this instead:
**wake up at ___________
**eat a little
**smile at mommy and tug sooooo hard on her heartstrings that she forgets what she's trying to do that day
**take a bath
**eat more, fall asleep while eating.
**mommy looks at you...soo sweet!
**okay, okay, time to do something productive. Baby in crib. And he's awake and crying!
**pacifier back in mouth
**spits out
**back in again.
**and again.
**and again.
**mommy gives up and just leaves the room to let you fall alseep.
**doesn't work.
**Baby up and hanging out with mommy at the computer...did I mention it's almost 12:30 and I haven't accomplished ANYTHING today?
Sigh.
I love being a mom.
Maybe routines are best left for the birds.....or maybe I'm not trying hard enough.
Or maybe I'm trying too hard.
Or maybe he's too young.
Or MAYBE...just maybe...this is just part of motherhood. Challenges and victories (small ones) and joys and frustrations. Hmmm.
P.S. Peter's 6 weeks old now. And thriving! We're going to venture out of the house alone together this afternoon to go to the doctor and maybe the store. This should be interesting...I'm a little nervous!
No comments:
Post a Comment