We have been working on potty training on and off all summer. Well, it started in May for a day. Just a day. One frustrating, accident-filled, oblivious two-year-old day. And then I quit.
Then, I got brave as I thought about how much money I could save on diapers if I actually bucked up and did the deed! So, in July, we tried again. So frustrating! He'd sit on the toilet for FOREVER, and I mean F-O-R-E-V-E-R and do nothing. The second he was off and happily playing on the brand new living room carpet I'd hear him say, "Uh-oh! Accident!!" Forget saving money. Back into diapers.
And then this week, I just decided that, unless I wanted to have a child who was still not potty trained by the time he entered middle school or high school or college (that's why they make Depends, right?), I needed to get it done!
Monday was typical to the previous tries. We'd sit in the bathroom for HOURS it seemed. Reading books. Singing. Drinking lots of water! By the fourth pair of underwear (which, by the way, toddler underwear is probably one of the cutest things on the planet), I was feeling a little drained, and somehow persistent all at the same time. Thank you, Lord. And then, after not being able to go ALL day on the toilet, he yelled, "I hafta pee!" And he did! On the toilet!!! (Well, I should say, IN the toilet.) I just about did a little song and dance!
And then I left for the evening and dad took over.
Today we had one accident in the morning and then DRY, DRY, DRY the whole rest of the day! He'd just hold it until I said it was time to go again and voila! He'd go!
WHAT A GOOD DAY! So now there are 4 beautiful stars on his chart from today. I am looking forward to tomorrow.
Oh, PS - he was even dry after his nap. Yippee!
1 comment:
Yay! That's so great Michelle :)
Post a Comment