I love how the Lord so often provides us with opportunities to allow Him to shine. :) I oh, so often, in these circumstances, want to worry, fret and try to find a solution myself. The Lord helps those who help themselves, right?????
Wrong.
He delights in those whose delight is found in Him. He takes great joy in our patience and utter dependence on Him in good times and tough times. So often, however, I only have utter dependence on Him in the tough times. But, I was reminded in Sunday School last Sunday morning that God is able! He has done it before, surely He can do it again! Surely. I look back on my life and see all the ways that He has provided and all the things He has done and I am instantly chastised for ever doubting that He cares. That He sees. That He even knows. Because He does know. He does see. He does care.
When we were trying to move to Ramsey earlier this summer, we signed a contract with our apartment company agreeing to pay a certain fee for them to sublet our apartment for us. Well, since all that ended as it did and we are still living in this same apartment building, we assumed (and since no one ever mentioned the fee to us again) that it was all void.
Wrong again!
We received a statement in the mail today for the fee. And it needs to be paid by a certain date to avoid legal action.
Oh, brother.
And so now, lovely friends, we are praying. Not necessairly that the Lord would graciously provide the funds needed (although that would be wonderful!), but instead that whatever does happen, our attitudes are honoring to Him, we would be molded more and more into His image so that others may see Him in us and ultimately that HE would be glorified.
Will you please join us in prayer?
No comments:
Post a Comment