Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Settling In

I must begin this post today by letting you all know that we are settling in quite nicely into 306. Yes, it is snug. Yes, I do have to haul the kids and dog up to the third floor sans elevator several times each day. But, such hauling is not without its exercise benefits! And what's not to like about being able to vacuum the entire house from one outlet? Without stretching the cord? Other blessings:

  • We have fabulous NEW carpet in the living room (it is soooo soft!)
  • We have beautiful laminate hardwood flooring in the kitchen/dining/entry/hallway areas. With a little one who likes to throw food on the floor at each meal, this is a true, true blessing!
  • TWO bathrooms! I've never had a master bathroom before. It's pretty nifty!
  • We have an incredible view...well, once you get beyond the parking lot and neighboring apartment buildings.
  • Laundry room is just down the hall! No more stairs for me!! I will admit, though, to being rather attached to the other one...so on Monday I lugged our laundry down the hall, and down to the first floor. Why? The dryers work better. The third floor dryers don't dry everything all the way.
  • I have a HUGE island in my kitchen. I love it!
  • Tons of more storage space in the bathrooms. These have large closets in them. Our old one had bare minimal storage space.
Things at "the house" ended peacefully, too. We visited with the landlady who, by law, could have charged us more rent money, but chose not to. She was content to keep the whole deposit and money we had already given her. We were GRATEFUL!

I visited with my BSF teaching leader today, Lynn A., who said that God always has a place for His people. And He always has a way of getting them there. Such comfort, even in these bizarre circumstances.

Thank you, Father, for having a place for my little family.

No comments: