Saturday, March 7, 2009

Cherishing Every Little Moment

I think it's time for a new font - perhaps just for today. That always adds a certain something to things, doesn't it? This one, for example, always makes me think of a typewriter...I get nervous about making a mistake, forgetting for a moment that I can simply hit the "backspace" button if I do. :)

Peter is growing and changing so much lately that I thought it was time to update things again. Before I get too far, I want to thank everyone who sent me information, links and heartfelt messages about immunizations. I appreciate all of your input and help!

As each day goes by, and Peter constantly changes and grows, I find myself suddenly remembering something that he used to do that he no longer does. So incredible that so much happens in such a short amount of time! And so I have a smallish list of things that he used to do, but does no longer as well as things he is just starting to do. So, without further ado:
  1. He used to make a tiny little squeaking noise when nursing. It was so cute...
  2. He used to ALWAYS have his hands up by his face. That made feeding him such a challenge. I felt like if I could just have about 5 more hands at all times...
  3. On Sunday, March 1st, Luke noticed him beginning to interact with his toys. Peter was sitting in his bouncy seat batting at the toys hanging over him, smiling. :) Luke was thrilled!
  4. On the 4th (Wednesday, I think) I realized that he has begun to discover his tongue as well as different textures. He will lick, chew or suck on anything that gets near his mouth. My face has been licked quite a few times now! :) Unfortunately he does not realize yet that he is holding on to something if you give him a toy and so he will accidently put it up to his mouth, start licking it and then jerk it away and get frustrated that it is not at his mouth anymore, but he doesn't realize that he can put it back!

And now for the pictures:

We're trying our best to instill a passion for reading in him at a young age...tee hee hee...

Always a smiley bubble blower!

Just cute...and a little tired - notice the red-rimmed eyes?

Grandma Prigge is his babysitter a few days each week. I'm not sure who loves this arrangement more, Peter, me or her? If a girl has to work, what better person to watch her baby than her own mom?

Despite his chubby cheeks, he really isn't that fat of a baby!

Peter fell asleep on my lap this way when we had our friends Josh and Rachel over for dinner one night. How on earth can that possibly be remotely comfortable?

1 comment:

Laura said...

Look at those chubby cheeks! What a cutie!