Sunday, March 15, 2009

3 Month Update

My Baby is Three Months Old Already!!!!!
Today, March 15th, marks Peter's third month of life. Whoo-hoo! My how time flies when you're having fun! Last Tuesday, I took Peter to my friend Lisa's house to get his three month pictures taken. She decided a few years ago to start taking pictures at home - after spending a fortune each year getting her four kids' pictures taken at a studio. So she bought lights, a camera and some backgrounds and voila! Here we are. Now she takes pictures for friends - and we think she's great! Below is a small sampling of those pictures. But first - some updates.
  1. Last Tuesday, while getting his picture taken, Peter rolled over from his stomach to his back for the first time! I thought it was just an accident, but as he's done it over and over again over the past week, I've decided it was no accident. My baby's getting mobile...
  2. He's getting more and more interactive with both people and hanging toys. He still doesn't get picking something up and playing with it, but he'll bat at toys hanging overhead for a good long time before he gets bored.
  3. Peter took his first trip to the Minnesota Children's Museum last Friday. While he was unable to do much of anything besides hangout in his stroller all day (bummer part of being a baby - I'm sure he would have loved to run around in the anthill exhibit with Elle, Josh, Sophia, Carter and Morgan), he was completely enthralled with all the kids and things there were to look at. And so other than the 20 minute wail in the car in rush hour traffic on the way home - it was an excellent day.
  4. Peter finally moved out of our bedroom into his own last Friday night. He had about a two inch amount of wiggle room length-wise in the bassinet. Time to move, I guess. Sad! I was really nervous about forgetting to turn on the monitor so I'd hear him when he cries...which leads to #5...
  5. As I mentioned a while back, Peter had dropped his 5am feeding. And then picked it promptly back up again. Early this past Saturday morning (3am to be exact), I woke up to Peter crying, got up, shut off the monitor, fed him, changed his diaper, visited the bathroom and crawled back into bed at 3:17. Quite a record for me. At 7:40 I awoke with a start, realizing that wow! Not only did Peter sleep until 3:00 before waking to eat (he's been getting up at 1:30 lately), but he didn't wake up at 5 or 6 or 7 to eat again, either! Excellent! What I discovered later was that if I don't turn on the monitor, I can't hear him crying in his bedroom....and so apparently he cried for about a good 40 minutes and finally went back to sleep. I felt so terrible...what horrible mother lets her baby cry for that long? Perhaps it was a good thing, however. Last night, he slept from 8:00-6:40, back down at 7:00-8:45. That's the longest stretch he's EVER gone at night! And so, if letting him cry himself back to sleep one night will help him sleep better, longer at night, I'm definitely going to be okay with it. I just won't forget to turn on the monitor again, though. If you're opposed to letting babies cry, I do apologize, but remember...I didn't know I was doing it! I'll keep you updated on how well the night time sleep goes...
  6. And now for the photo shoot. They are, again, in order from last to first - Jesus was right, the last shall be first and the first shall be last. :) One of these days I'll remember to put them in the right order!






And there's the end! Peter Luke Willing is officially 3 months old. And terribly adorable!

No comments: