Sunday, February 22, 2009

Creative Title. (aka: Two Months Old!)

Our little peanut, munchkin, buddy, baby (or if you combine the last two as I often accidently do, you get "bady") is two months old! Peter went in last week for his two month check up and is growing like a weed. (If any of my students from last year read this post, they would give me a severe lecture for using a cliche so flippantly.) He is in the 75th percentile for weight, 85th percentile for height and 50th percentile for his head size. The time is just flying by so quickly that there are constantly things I think of that I want to remember...
  • He used to sit in his bouncy chair on the island in the kitchen and flirt with the light fixture that hangs over the island. It was pretty cute. He now will smile up a storm with anyone or anything thing that looks his way!
  • He's really getting a lot stronger. His head wobbles less and less every day.
  • He is sleeping longer periods of time at night. He'll sleep from 8:00 to around 3:00 or so to eat and then be up again between 7:30-8:00 for the day. He's dropped (I think) his 5am feeding. YES!!! Naps are also getting somewhat more predictable. Evenings are somewhat of a challenge, though...
  • He tracks people as they move around him. Talk and move...he'll follow you with his eyes.
  • He was not such a big fan of getting shots. Neither was I. Fortunately for whimpy me, Luke came along and shooed me out of the room while the nurse gave Peter his shots. Then I came back in. What a gem I am married to!

Hmmm...so speaking of shots...this is something Luke and I are struggling with. Perhaps I'm struggling more than Luke is, but we'd really like to do more research on them before his next appointment. The way the doctor explains them, it would seem silly to NOT get any. And yet, there is this nagging thing in the back of my mind warning me to be careful. And so, if anyone has any great advice or sources of reliable information on immunizations, I'm all ears. Now for the picture show!


Here's one of my Ebay blunders. Sometimes I get caught up in the heat of the moment and bidding and checking to see if I'm winning and then when it gets down to the last minute and I realize I'm winning and I'm paying more for an item than I would have if I bought it directly from the store...PLUS shipping I realize what a dummy I am! Oh, boy...so I tried getting his picture in it. He wasn't really in a good mood that afternoon, though. :)

This day Peter was in a good mood. Hanging out on my knees one day before I headed out to the office...we were waiting for Grandma to finish curling her hair. :) So I whipped out the camera and...voila!

The next day. Same story.

I really have such a cute baby, I can't help myself!

Luke and I decided to go for a walk one evening when it hit 40 outside. So, we bundled Peter up in his little snowsuit from Auntie Kerri, piled on the blankets like every good first-time set of parents does, and headed out for a walk. My, but that felt good to get out!

This blanket Peter is laying on (or is it "lying" on?) I think might turn out to be a favorite. Can a 2 month old baby have a favorite blanket already? Is that possible? I do know that he quiets down pretty quickly when I put this one up next to his cheek, though.

Peter has taken to blowing bubbles lately...

Sleeping baby Peter with Great-Grandma Geri Prigge at her birthday party yesterday (2/21), although her birthday is actually today. Happy Birthday, Gramma!

And now he's awake and playing with Grandpa Prigge!

Finally, two weeks later and we're in a better mood! I couldn't get any smiles, but that's okay as the background and straps aren't terribly attractive!

I just LOOOOOVE baby feet!
(even linty blurry ones...)











3 comments:

Maria said...

Aww - what a fun recap of the last month!! Great pictures! He is such a chubby little cute thing!

About the vax thing, the book
"Dr. Sears The Vaccine Book" is a good resource for information.

Maria said...

I can't figure out how to edit my comment. I meant to say Dr. Sears' book "The Vaccine Book" ~ lol

Laura said...

What a cutie! We need to set up a time to get together so I can see the little guy in person. Maybe sometime over my Spring Break...? I'm off from March 20-29.