Monday, April 30, 2012

Stuff I Found From March 23, 2012

So I know that in, you know, ten years or so, this will seem like no big deal. It's April 30th and I'm finally getting around to posting some notes I scribbled down on March 23rd. No big deal, right? But for the moment, it is for me!

PETER:

  • "I think he wants to go home now." Said when Isaac was crying one day shortly after coming home from the hospital. Luke chuckled and said, "He IS home!"
  • Another day he told me that he thought Isaac wanted to go back to the hospital. I asked why and he told me it was so that Isaac could go back into my stomach. HA!
  • He told me one day that he and David stayed home alone during my and Luke's wedding. :) As if.
  • He loves Isaac; loves being my big helper; loves holding Isaac.
  • He loves his *new* carseat that we bought for him in, oh, January-ish? He frequently tells people about it.
  • Today after carefully inspecting my rather dry/cracked heels commented, "Mom, your feet are just exploding!"
DAVID:
  • Recently started eating cheese. Cheddar cheese. 
  • Words:
    • cheese
    • da-bee (baby)
    • me (when sees pictures of himself)
    • Lucy
    • more
    • please
    • Bibua (long "i") (Bible)
    • mama
  • Likes to mimic words and actions
  • Says "Ooohhhh" after he poops.
  • Poops often in the tub. And then he screams. :)
ISAAC:
  • Outgrowing NB clothes and diapers already! (as of 3/23)
  • happy disposition - content to hang out in bouncy seat
  • first several nights home was awake most of the night. Gradually getting better. Was up from about 10:00-4:30, then 10:00-1:30, then until 11-11:30ish.
  • Doesn't spit up very much.
  • Eats well and learned how to do it very quickly. He eats fairly quickly, too.
  • At his 1 week (from discharge date) check-up, he had gained 13 ozs! Went from 8-8ozs at birth to 8-1oz at discharge to 8-14!
  • No jaundice. Yay!
  • SO much hair!

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Congratulations on your new baby, Michelle! Hope to see some pictures of Isaac soon!