And more things happen.
And more pictures get taken.
And more adorable things that the boys used to do get forgotten...where do I even begin?? I think this is a blog post worthy of pictures WITH stories. And maybe a few child-specific stories at the end. Everyone loves the pictures the best anyway, right?
I love the little undie behind surrounded by trucks, train tracks, reading his truck book, of course.
Another baby quilt I made this summer. For my friend Elizabeth's baby Maeve. I hope she likes it. I really like it. Especially the strip on the back of pieced tiny scraps.
My friend Laura and I took our kids to the Champlin Kiddie Carnival in August. The boys (Peter and Uriah) are in the blue car towards the front of the train.
David LOVED the animals. Peter did not. :)
Peter did, however, love the bouncy jumping thing. What are those things called, anyway?
David, who loves shoes, doesn't like to keep them on. However, now that it's too cold for sandals, he always finds them and wants to wear them. Funny boy!
Sweetie pie.
Swings had this calming effect on him this summer...he kept falling asleep in them!
Swinging with cousin Evelyn.
Yes, he fell asleep like this. :)
We went to Otsego Park with friends from BSF. I think with all these kids, we had 5 moms.
My friend and former roommate from college, Kristen, was home visiting from Georgia this summer. Her daughter is "pushing" the stroller.
I love how much the boys love Lucy. I especially love how gentle she is with them! (sorry about the bad picture, the flash died on our camera this summer....taking donations for a new one!)
Peter got a bike this summer! It was his reward for being fully (except at night) potty-trained. We are so proud of him. :)
David learned how to walk at 13 months.
At the end of August, Luke and I were blessed with a weekend away. We went up to Gull Lake near Brainerd and stayed at some friends' cabin. It was such a blessing!
I, for the first time in my entire life, rode, no, DROVE, a jet-ski. It was actually a lot more fun than I thought it would be! It would have been more fun when Luke majorly splashed me if it were a little warmer than the upper sixties, though. :)
The sunsets were gorgeous!
All day Saturday and Sunday this airplane and another one were landing and taking off. It was so fun to watch.
In the beginning of October, I took the boys to Berry Hill Farm with my aunt and uncle (Jim and Jen) and kiddos.
They posed, but weren't too sure about being at the top of this massive pile of hay!
We had fun on the tractor/wagon ride. Hayless hayride.
Again, David LOVED the animals!
The boys both got to go on a FREE pony ride! The lady even let Peter ride on two different horses. I'm sure he could still tell me their names if he were sitting here with me.
Still does love tractors.
And a couple weeks later, we went to the apple orchard with our playgroup. Laura and her kiddos came along, which was good so we could get our annual "growth chart at the apple orchard" picture! (The kids are getting soooo hard to photograph together!)
Peter and David on the truck at the orchard.
See? They are impossible! Or maybe it's just Peter...
Laura, me and our kids on the wagon ride at the orchard!
The boys dressed in their warm flannel finest. What could be more fun than sitting in the back of Dad's truck?
Baby boy #3!
Laura's picture of our 3 - David, Peter and Uriah. (As a side note, for awhile this summer, Peter started calling Uriah "My-riah". You know, "You-riah"...)
My-riah and Peter on the truck. :)
David is starting to get old enough to actually climb on and play with the playground equipment. So fun!
One day our van was in the shop, so we all piled into my friend Elizabeth's van. Cozy!
David and Mariah Ewing.
Another cuter shot of the kids at Otsego Park.
We visited Bertha with Sara and Evie one warm Friday. They had fun toys to play with.
Peter keeping close watch over Evie. (he's such a father-hen (??) sometimes!)
Greg and Ana Hunt were home (well, for Greg) visiting for awhile from.............(help?).........they were also visiting Bertha that same day.
Lisa very graciously offered to take the boys' pictures again this fall at co-op. They are at such funny ages!
"hug"
This is going to be Peter's 8x10 on the wall for the next year or so!
This is going to be David's 8x10 hanging on the wall. It's a little closer to his birthday and he looks a little more babyish than our fall pics, I think. Anyway, I love this picture, so that is what we're going to frame!
This is, I'm sure, the one the grandmas will want. (right mom?)
And this one of the two together, I will frame also. Can't decide on color or B&W, though...
- Is almost three! December 15th is the official day and he is soooo excited! He's already picked the menu and cake design. He's pretty excited for Christmas, too. He asked almost daily for several months if it was time for getting a Christmas tree yet. :) Now he's waiting for the snow....he knows snow means it's getting closer!
- Loves being the oldest...if you know what I mean...
- If Luke or I call him by any name other than Peter, he will say, "I'm not _________, I'm Peter!"
- He is officially my thrower-upper.
- Officially potty trained for several months now! He's doing pretty well at night, too. I don't think it'll be much longer before he'll be dry all the time at night.
- He LOVES to help me bake cookies.
- Is doing really well at BSF this year so far.
David:
- Words:
- nee (nose)
- ma-ma
- shakes head no
- dog: panting sound
- if asked if he's done eating and he is, he'll push himself away from the table
- Tried drinking from the toilet the other day.
- Thinks Play-Doh is supposed to be a fantastic snack.
- Weight, head and height all jumped drastically at his last appointment. Yay! No parasite re-check yet, but we're hopeful that they're all gone. Wish I knew where he picked those nasty buggers up!
- Has become a mama's boy lately.
- Had a rough start at BSF this year, but is doing really well now. Still cries when I drop him off, but stops right away. Yay!
Baby:
- 21 weeks along!
- Boy!!
- Likes to move!
- I have, currently, partial placenta previa. We're praying it moves up as I progress farther along.
- It is so nice to feel good again! I can (almost) keep up with housework and cooking again! Yay!











































































3 comments:
LOVE IT! Great pics and great idea of posting some notes at the end...will be very helpful for remembering. I always think I will remember...but unfortunately I don't. Blessings!
Yay! Good post. It's so great to be able to keep up with your boys, and congratulations on baby boy #3!! You guys are sooo blessed! I still need to give you a call back. Maybe tomorrow.
Cute, Cute, Cute and then some more cute and then YAY you went away!! THen cute cute, he falls asleep in swings?? CUUUTEEE!! CUte cute cute cute. love you!! =)
Post a Comment