Well, for awhile, anyway.
And then I realized what time it was. And that on my very first morning of child-free errand running I was taking longer than I wanted to. MUCH longer. Way to not take advantage of a friend on the first day, huh?
And then I realized (at the checkout) that my laziness in keeping track of how much I was spending in Walmart today was not a good choice. I had more on the conveyor belt than I had money for. And there were people behind me. And I was hungry. REALLY hungry. Know what happens when I'm hungry and slightly frazzled? I get more frazzled. So I put a few things back, paid for what was left and went out to the parking lot.
Wandering...what does the new van look like again? Ugh, where did I park??
And the whole way back to pick up my sweeties, I chastised myself over and over and over, so that by the time I got to Elizabeth's house, I started crying.
And then she fed me some yummy, amazing tater-tot casserole. What could possibly be better for soothing an emotional wreck than tater-tot casserole??
Then I went home, unpacked the groceries I did manage to buy and realized that what I didn't get wasn't all that big of a deal! I mean, who needs diapers? :) Who needs diapers when you already have a stack big enough to last until next grocery shopping day, I should say! And so here I am, not missing any of those items that seemed like such a big deal. And determined to be more careful next time!
2 comments:
Ohhh, I can so relate to this post! And if you are talking about the Tater Tot Casserole that I think your talking about... then I totally agree that it can cure frazelledness. :) Elizabeth brought me a dish of it for dinner and oh myyyy! Delish!
Yes, yes, yes, it is the one and the same! So glad I'm not the only one...
Post a Comment