Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Few Random Thoughts

1: Peter

  • Is starting to dress himself. Put his "monkey shoes" (Bobux shoes) on all on his own the other day.
  • Did not cry at all at BSF yesterday!
  • Knows the words to the chorus in "Trust and Obey". As he was playing the other day, he recited it. Also "Holy, Holy, Holy". Cute, cute, cute.
  • I am beginning to really see evidence recently of our hard work/sweat/tears/prayers. He is becoming a very good/sweet/helpful little boy.
  • There was something else, but I forgot what it was.
2: David
  • Now stands up in his crib.
  • Tries to swallow everything he can get his hands on.
  • Still has a cold. It has been going on pretty much all winter, it seems. Maybe it'll go away when his tooth comes through?
3: Luke
  • Took me on the most phenomenal surprise date of all time last Saturday! It happened like this:
    • Got up in the morning. Ate breakfast. Got the boys dressed. Packed the diaper bag, etc., for them. I knew we were taking them somewhere for several hours.
    • I put David down for a nap while Luke ran out for a little bit. He came back with a cup of hot chocolate for me from Caribou Coffee. Oooohhhhh....yummy!
    • I took a shower and got out to find a note on top of my cup. HE WROTE A POEM! My sweet, precious, non-poem writing husband wrote a poem for ME. Wow. 
    • Also bought me a half dozen BEAUTIFUL red roses! I love roses! I never get roses! I've never been the recipient of RED roses in my whole life! THEY ARE SO BEAUTIFUL!!!
    • We left, going on a wild goose chase to Luke's parents' house. I was so proud of myself for figuring that part out on my own. :)
    • Dropped the boys off and headed to our first destination: lunch. The restaurant was closed! Well, just not open for the day yet. Rats.
    • Plan B. Bowling first. No lanes open for an hour! Double rats!
    • Plan C. Lunch at Pizza Ranch (romantic, huh? haha!! yummy, though!) and then some wandering through a couple antique shops in downtown Litchfield. I forgot how much I used to love antique shops! That was so fun...I need to remember to do that more often.
    • THEN, we went bowling. And played pinball. We acted like a couple of goofey teenagers. It was so fun, too!
    • And then for the grand finale, we went back to Peter's golf course/club fancy restaurant for dinner. I had salmon. I've been craving salmon for so long. YUM.
  • I love you, Luke. Thank you.
4: Me
  • I decided in January, since my hair was getting pretty long, that I would donate it sometime this year.
  • Last night, I took the plunge and got 10 inches cut off! I now have chin-length hair, but I think it's super cute and now someone who has no hair can have some of mine! Now I just have to decide who to donate it to...

And that's all!

2 comments:

Sarah Heineman said...

So glad I found your blog :) and you can donate your hair to me... creepy? maybe. but seriously. Also, your blog is suuuper cute! <3

Michelle said...

:) Thanks, Sarah! Creepy? Naa...but I did already send it somewhere. Wigs4Kids. Helping out bald sweeties seemed like a good choice to me. :)