Monday, May 17, 2010

Baby #2 Quilt Progress & Completion!

Most of the blocks done!

Disappearing 9 patch cut and sewed...

Doing more ironing...I never knew there was so much ironing required!!

All sewn together

Hmmm...realized I needed 4 more blocks...rats...

But those new blocks were somehow shorter than the rest!

See! A lot shorter!!!

Over it. And now it's quilted! (by me!)

Found a spot where the squares came apart. This was my fix.

Front and back, quilted.

I didn't like the polyester batting I used....so I had to unquilt the ENTIRE thing and start over! Here's the nice, new cotton batting I used instead. 

It was a little too short, so I butted the sides of it together and sewed it up. Worked perfectly!

Ended up having to buy new backing, too. I ripped holes in the old one when taking it apart. Here it is quilted, again!

Front and back, quilted time #2.

Now I'm pinning the binding on...

All pinned, ready to be sewn!

Done!

Completed, front.

Completed, back.

Peter's quilt back. Laying on top of the one I made; they are almost exactly the same size. Good!

Peter's quilt front. Isn't it cute? Great-grandma Ruth sure was a good quilter!

I'm now taking orders. :)

No comments: